Tashkent State University of Transport was established in accordance with the Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated May 4, 2020 PP-4703 “On measures to radically improve the system of training in the field of transport.”
The Faculty of Aviation Transport Engineering trains specialists for the aviation industry of Uzbekistan. The faculty was founded in 1956 at the Tashkent Polytechnic Institute. During his career he worked in Aviation (1956), Aerospace and Civil Aviation as part of the Tashkent State Aviation Institute (1995), Aviation as part of the Tashkent State Technical University (2008). In 2016, the faculty graduated and the departments operated in other faculties. In February 2019, the Faculty of Aerospace Technology resumed its activities. During more than 60 years of activity, the republic has trained more than 40,000 highly qualified personnel in the field of aviation.
The faculty includes the following departments: Aviation Engineering, Aeronautical Systems.
The departments prepare bachelors in the following areas of bachelor’s degree:
– 5310400 – Technical operation of aircraft;
– 5620200 – Air traffic control;
– 5314000 – Aviation industry;
– 5314100 – Applied space technologies;
– 5314200 – Technical and technological operation of unmanned aerial vehicles;
– 5313900 – Design and operation of drones;
– 5314000 – Aviation engineering.
Also, master’s specialties:
– 5A310405 – Technical operation of aircraft and aircraft engines;
– 5A620200 – Air traffic control and aeronautics;
– 5a310403 – Technical operation of aviation electrical systems of pilot-navigation complexes;
– 5A314100 – Applied space technology.
The main applicants for the graduates of the faculty are Uzbekistan Airways, Uzbekistan Airways Technics, Uzbekistan Airports, Tashkent Mechanical Plant, Chirchik Aircraft Repair Plant, “Uzaeronavigatsiya Center” enterprise and others.
The Faculty of Aviation Transport Engineering cooperates with many leading foreign universities in the field of training. Among them are the Moscow State Technical University of Civil Aviation (Russia), the Moscow Aviation Institute (National Research University) (Russia), the Ulyanovsk Institute of Civil Aviation (Russia), the National Aviation University (Ukraine), the Berlin Technical University (Germany), the National School of Civil Aviation (France), La Sapiensa University of Rome (Italy), Konkuk University (South Korea).