In order to radically improve the system of training highly qualified personnel for the transport industry of the republic on the basis of advanced foreign experience and international standards, the widespread introduction of innovative forms and methods of teaching and modern pedagogical and information technologies in the educational process, as well as to strengthen the material and technical base and further increase the scientific potential of industry educational institutions: Ministry of Transport of the Republic of Uzbekistan, The Ministry of Higher and Secondary Special Education and the joint-stock company “Uzbekistan Temir Yullari” on the basis of the Tashkent Institute of Railway Transport Engineers, the Tashkent Institute of Design, Construction and Operation of Highways and the Faculty of Aerospace Technologies of the Tashkent State Technical University formed the Tashkent State Transport University in accordance with the Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated May 4, 2020 No. PP-4703.
- It is a basic higher educational institution for the training, retraining and advanced training of specialists and scientific personnel with higher education for the transport industry;
- Phased implementation of the credit-modular education system in accordance with advanced international educational standards and curricula, starting from the 2020/2021 academic year;
- It is under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Transport of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
The main tasks and activities of the University:
- training, retraining and advanced training of specialists with higher education and scientific and pedagogical personnel, as well as specialists of mass professions, competitive in the labor market, based on the needs of the transport industry;
- conducting fundamental, applied and innovative research and development on topical issues of the transport industry development, developing proposals for the wide implementation of their results, including digital and other modern technologies;
- development of cooperation with leading foreign higher educational and scientific institutions for the implementation of joint educational programs and research projects, organization of professional development of the university’s teaching staff and training of graduates in master’s and doctoral programs abroad;
- creation of a continuous system of personnel training for the transport industry, ensuring the continuity and continuity of educational programs of academic lyceums and professional educational institutions of the industry;
- организация практики студентов в организациях соответствующей сферы совместно с организациями транспортной сферы в целях обеспечения неразрывной связи теоретической подготовки с практикой в учебном процессе, налаживание целенаправленного сотрудничества по трудоустройству выпускников.
The university has 9 faculties and 39 departments:
1. Faculty of Highway Engineering
2. Faculty of Railway Engineering
3. Faculty of Motor Transport Engineering
4. Faculty of Aviation Transport Engineering
5. Faculty of Transport Systems Management
6. Faculty of Economics
7. Faculty of Civil Engineering
8. Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering
9. TDTrU and BNTU joint faculty