Tashkent State Transport University was founded in 1931 under the name of the Institute of railway engineers of Central Asia, which began its activity with the training of specialists – mechanics and operators.
In 1930 in Tashkent under the management of the Tashkent railway there were courses of training and retraining of engineers and technical personnel of a narrow speciality.
On the 1st of September 1931 on the basis of the order of the Central Asian Railway Directorate, these courses were transferred to the full responsibility of the Institute of railway engineers of Central Asia, its director was A.F.Weilder.
In August 1931 the first registration of students was announced, as a result, 125 people were admitted to the ranks of the first students of railway workers.
, . , , .
35 permanent teachers worked in the Institute of railway engineers of Central Asia. The base for the classes was the factory, railway sections. Student hostels were located in different districts of Tashkent City.
In November 1931 the Railway Department of the Institute of railway engineers of Central Asia was established, at the same time were organized the Ashgabat, Krasnovodsk, Alma-Ata and Orenburg Institutes branches.
In 1931 the organizational structure of the institute was determined, it consisted of: director; 4 faculties; 10 departments.
In 1934 the first 124 people trained in railway engineering graduated from the institute.
The construction of the Institute of railway engineers of Central Asia educational building, residential building for teachers, two student hostels started in 1932 year and ended in 1936 year.
The first section of the institute building was rebuilt in 1933 year.
On the 1st of September 1933 there were only 5 daytime and 4 evening groups in institute.
In 1933-1935 the structural divisions of the institute were changed. In November 1933 a special purpose faculty was organized for retraing the Central Asian and Turkestan-Siberian railways specialists.
In 1936 the engireening laboratory building was completed.
In 1937, SAZIIT was renamed Tashkent Institute of railway engineers ( TashIIT).
In the first 10 years of its activity, the Institute prepared and finished 156 technicians and 891 engineers, of which 249 locomotives, 229 road workers, 118 blacksmiths, 138 railway builders, 157 technical workers.
During the Second World War, the institute had a strict state plan for admission to three faculties, each year consisting of 225-250 people.
In 1941, 227 students were admitted to the first courses of the Faculty of steam locomotive, road construction and exploitation.
The war broke the peaceful rhythm of the work of the Institute. From the very first days of the war, many teachers left for the front at their own discretion, among them: N.P. Aleksandrov, N.G. Kochiev, B.A. Larionov, B.V. Volkov, M.F. Prasolov, D.V. Pistsov, S.V. Subbutin and other employees.
In the extremely difficult autumn of the first year of the war, the employees of the institute denied themselves, demonstrating traditional hospitality inherent in the Uzbek people.
Evacuated teachers and students from other transport universities were accepted and placed as birodars. Thus, in September 1941 year a large group of students of the Leningrad Institute of railway engineers was accepted. In November-December 1941, teachers, students and administrative and technical staff of the Kharkiv Railway Engineers Institute (KIIT) came and settled. All this gave rise to the need for organizational and technical official transfers of a number of administrative character, changing the composition of the institutions and the council. Training sessions were organized in two shifts.
Two-story beds were installed to accommodate students in dormitories. In a short time, a single-storey hostel was built on the territory of the Institute.
The structure of the teachers is located in the residential building of the Institute, partly in specially allocated dormitory rooms and in private apartments and in the city.
During the years of the war, the institute had a strict plan of admission to three faculties every year. However, secondary schools and technical schools did not provide the necessary admission plans for Tashkent universities. Therefore, in 1942, the institute organized short-term self-sufficiency courses for the training of applicants. The courses were attended by individuals preparing 8-10 classes of Secondary School and, accordingly, from one to six months of classes were conducted. Soon these courses were transformed into a full-time preparatory department with three, six and eight months of study. Like the students of the institute, the students of the preparatory department also enjoyed all the benefits of blacksmiths.
Head of the Department “languages” MU F.fL.It was Markanova. Kafedra consists of about 8 academic groups, about 200 students studied. The courses were attended by teachers of general education of the Institute and secondary schools of the city.
With the support of the Tashkent and Turkistan-Sibir Railways, a network of branches of the preparatory department was established on the basis of the tenth grade graduates at the Russian, Uzbek and Kazakh railway schools in Andijan, Kokand, Alma-Ata, Bishkek and Djambul.
For five years (from 1942 to 1947 year) more than 3 thousand applicants were prepared in the preparatory department.
The war required a radical restructuring of the entire educational process. Since 1941, a shortened 3-year period for the training of Engineers has been introduced. A lot of work has been done on the revision of curriculum and curriculum of the subjects taught.
However, the transition to a shorter training period led to a deterioration in the quality of training. Therefore, since the new 1942/43 academic year, the only term of student education for all transport institutions of the country was established – 4 years 10 months. Graduates are awarded the following qualifications: railway engineer – mechanical, railway engineer – builder, communications engineer for transport and Freight works.
During the war, the improvement of the organizational structure of the institute continued. A number of new departments and laboratories are being created that meet the requirements of time. Metal technologies, thermal engineering, organization of the movement of trains, stations and nodes, Organization of cargo work of civil constructions, geology, transport economy, etc.
The book fund of the library of the institute was replenished from the account of the KIIT Library Fund and amounted to about 140 thousand Tom. Nevertheless, the lack of educational and scientific literature was sharply felt. In the 1943/44 academic year, a fundamental library was created in a specially equipped room, a catalog of books was organized. In order to better serve the students, the Reading Room of the library began to work until 23 O’clock in the evening.
During the Second World War, the results of research and production promotion were released at the scientific and Technical Conference of the Institute in 1944. More than 100 road workers took part in the conference. During the Second World War, the Institute graduated 508 engineers. Since 1944, the heads of faculties were called Deans.
Despite the difficult years after the war, the institute did not stop the construction work aimed at improving the material and technical base of the Institute. Thus, in 1946 year the construction of a new four-storey complex of the institute began. At the same time, it was envisaged to build training and experimental workshops, heating laboratories and a central boiler room, an open-air sports town, an electric substation and a building for the placement of bathrooms and laundry facilities.
The first part of the new educational building was commissioned in 1948 year, and the second in 1950 year. Laboratories have been established in these buildings; general chemistry, refrigeration, auto-ignition, fuel, water and lubrication technologies, metallurgy, signaling, centralization and blocking, as well as electrical machinery and measurements. New specialized departments and auditoriums have been opened for moving content, railway lines and connections, the organization of the movement of trains, the economy of transport and others.
Gasification of the institute was completed in 1965 year. Residential buildings, student residences and boiler house were transferred to natural gas.
In 1966, a three-storey dining room with 500 seats was put into use. In 1968, a combined kindergarten with 140 seats, in 1969 another student residence was built. In 1971 year, the construction of a new house with 56 apartments was completed.
After the completion of the construction of the main educational building, the construction of residential buildings, dormitories and household buildings began. In 1958-60 years. he built two dormitories, each designed for 400 people. In 1961, a 60-room residential building was commissioned for teachers and staff of the Institute. In 1962, 411-seat student residences and 100-seat kindergarten were built in 1963 and 1964. – two 32-room residential building.
If in 1937 year, the area of departments and laboratories is about 3000 kv.m.ni if organized, then by 1970 year it will cost 21500 sq.location
Since 1947, the institute has opened an evening Department, on this basis in 1955 the evening department was organized.
In 1957, the correspondence Department of the institute was transformed into a faculty. Correspondence faculty has established training and counseling centers (UCP) in these years. Ashgabat, Apple-father and Orenburg.
The growth of industrial and civil construction required many civil engineers. In this regard, in 1954 year the construction Faculty of the institute received students a new specialty – industrial and civil construction (ASC), which in 1956 year became an independent faculty of the ASC.
Following this, students of the first group on the specialty “automation, telemechanics and communication at the railway station” were accepted to the Faculty of operations. On the basis of these groups, the Faculty of ATS was established in 1961.
In 1959, the institute received students in the direction of economy and railway organization. Since 1965, this specialty together with the specialty” accounting in railway transport ” allowed the establishment of the Faculty of engineering and economics (ET) and in 1988 it was merged with the Faculty of management of transport processes in railway transport.
In 1969, the Faculty of training of railway managers and specialists (FPK) was opened at the Institute in Yanvar.
From 11.02.1971 on the basis of the order of the Ministry of Railways Tashkent Institute of railway engineers Tashkent Institute of railway engineers order of the Red Flag began to be called the Institute of railway engineers.
By 1981, the institute had 80 laboratories and departments and 4 research industrial laboratories. The laboratory base of the ATC faculty developed particularly rapidly. For 10 years, 23 laboratories have been created at this faculty, their equipment and devices correspond to the modern level of automatic telephone exchange devices on railways. At the Faculty of practice, a model of the electrified railway station, which included 8 units, was built, the technical equipment of which allowed to develop modern methods of organizing the movement of trains. In addition, there were built plotters, wagons, electric machines, construction mechanics, metal Technologies, Laboratories of building materials and other special rooms and laboratories.
In 1981, the 7th Department of the training building was put into use – the training and Sports Complex, including a laboratory block for 640 seats, an auditorium block with two 200 seats each, a sports hall.
In 1989, the construction of N ° 1 student residence was completed.
In 1990, the training and laboratory building for Kalek locomotives was commissioned for use.
According to the decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Council of the Republic of Uzbekistan and the Cabinet of Ministers dated 19 April 1991, The Tashkent Institute of labor of railway engineers was renamed The Tashkent Institute of railway engineers “red flag”. Named after Akmal Ikromov.
On the basis of the decision of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated November 14, 1994 Tashkent Institute of railway engineers named after Akmal Ikromov was recognized as the Tashkent Institute of railway engineers named after Akmal Ikromov. Railway company “Uzbek Railways”.
In accordance with the decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Council of the Republic of Uzbekistan and the Cabinet of Ministers dated 15.08.2007, “Uzbek Railways” state aksiyadorlik railway company Tashkent Institute of railway engineers named after Akmal Ikromov. The state railway company” Uzbek Railways ” was renamed Tashkent Institute of railway engineers.
According to the decree of the president of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated April 24, 2015 and the order of the State Society of Railways of Uzbekistan dated June 2, 2015, The Tashkent Railway Engineers Institute was renamed The Tashkent Railway Engineers Institute of the state Society of Railways of Uzbekistan.
During the 89-year history of the institute, its leaders Wilder Arthur Frantsevich, Zelensky Mikhail Lukich, Sorokin Mikhail Matveyevich, Petrukovich Alexey Alekseevich, Prasolov Mikhail Filippovich, Adilkhodjaev Eshon Agzamovich, Djumabaev generous Mukhamedalievich, Adilkhodjaev Anvar Mukhamedalievich,
According to the decree of the president of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated 05.04.2020 PP-4703, by the order of the minister of transport dated 05/20/2020 96, on the basis of the Tashkent Railway Institute, the Institute of design, construction and exploitation of the Tashkent highway, the Faculty of aerospace technologies of the Tashkent State Technical University, Tashkent State Since 2020 year, the rector of the university is Odil Kalandarovich Abdurakhmanov.
At the moment, the university has a large sports complex, dormitories and a kitchen. As a result of the work carried out at the University, all conditions for the realization of students ‘ creative abilities, Sports Club, modern comfortable dormitories, scientific student society were created. In the practice of students, many simulators and laboratory facilities are used.
Long-term creative cooperation of scientists of the University and employees of railway production contributes to the growth of scientific and pedagogical personnel skills and the strengthening of the material base of the University.
The university pays great attention to maintaining good traditions. The holding of competitions serves to unite the team, to strengthen the corporate spirit, to unite professors, teachers, employees and students.
He trains bachelors and 51 Masters in 74 specialties.
The university has 9 faculties . More than 11115 people study in them, of which 10663 are bachelors and 452 are students. The scientific-pedagogical composition of the university is more than 701 people, 53 doctors of science – professors, 173 candidates of science – associate professors, 475 senior teachers and assistants.
Institute of railway engineers of Central Asia
Tashkent Institute of railway engineers
Tashkent State transport University